Definition and Usage Areas of Ammonium bicarbonate
Ammonium bicarbonate (commonly known as ammonium hydrogen carbonate) is a slightly basic inorganic compound.
Ammonium bicarbonate is a widely used reagent for industrial and research procedures. Ammonium bicarbonate is volatile in solution and ammonia and CO2 are released. This property makes ammonium bicarbonate a good buffer for applications such as lyophilization and matrix co-laser desorption.
- It is used in fire extinguishers, cleaning products, ceramics, paint, textile, leather and fertilizer industries.
- In the food industry, bakery products are also used as baking powder.
- Ammonium bicarbonate is also used for in-gel digestion of proteins and with trypsin for MALDI mass spectrometric analysis of proteins.
- NH4HCO3 is used as baking powder, in some food processing applications, in cough syrups and as an antacid.
- It is also used as fertilizer, pH buffer and reagent in chemical laboratories.
- In industry, it is used in the manufacture of paints, drugs, catalysts, ceramics, fire retardants, plastics and other products.
- Ammonium bicarbonate is mainly used as fertilizer. After being applied to the soil, the ammonium ion (NH4+) in NH4HCO3 can be absorbed by the soil colloid or mesh or converted into nitrate nitrogen. After absorption by plants, no auxiliary components are present, which has little effect on soil pH.
- Ammonium bicarbonate is used as nitrogen fertilizers, can be applied to various soils, can simultaneously provide ammonium nitrogen and carbon dioxide demanded by the growth of the crop. However, it contains little nitrogen content and is also easy to caking.
- It can be used as analytical reagent, also used in the synthesis of ammonium salt and fabric oils.
- It can promote the growth and photosynthesis of the crop; triggers seedlings and triggers the development of leaves. Can be used as a spinner; It can also be applied directly as soil fertilizer, such as food swelling agent and bulking agent.
- Ammonium bicarbonate can be used as a senior food fermentation agent. Its combination with sodium bicarbonate can be used as a leavening agent raw material, such as bread, biscuits and pancakes. It can be used as the raw material of sparkling powder water, also can be used for barking of green vegetables and bamboo shoots. It can also be used as medicine and reagents.
- Alkali; leavening agent; buffer; aeration agent.
- Its combination with sodium bicarbonate can be used as a leavening agent raw material, such as bread, biscuits and pancakes. Baking powder also takes this product as the main ingredient, along with acidic substances. It can also be used as the raw material of foaming powder water. The dosage for bleaching green vegetables and bamboo shoots should be 0.1% to 0.3%.
- It can be used as analytical reagent; Used for ammonium salt synthesis. Medicine; baking powder; painting; It can be used for degreasing the fabric. It can also be used as foamed plastic.