Definition and Usage Areas of caustic soda pearls
Similar to the hydration of sulfuric acid, dissolving solid sodium hydroxide into water is an extremely exothermic reaction in which a large amount of heat is released , posing a threat to safety due to the possibility of splashing. The resulting solution is usually colorless and odorless. As with other alkaline solutions, it becomes slippery in contact with the skin.
Sodium hydroxide is also known as algae and caustic soda. Sodium hydroxide is a highly caustic base and alkali that can break down proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures, causing severe chemical burns.
Sodium hydroxide reacts with protic acids to produce water and associated salts. For example, when sodium hydroxide reacts with hydrochloric acid, sodium chloride is formed:
NaOH ( sulu ) + HCI (sulu) → NaCI (aq) + H 2 O ( l )
In general, such neutralization reactions are represented by a simple net ionic equation:
OH – (aq) + H + (sulu) → H 2 O (I)
This type of reaction with a strong acid dissipates heat and is therefore exothermic. These acid-based reactions can also be used for titrations. However, sodium hydroxide is not used as the primary standard because it is hygroscopic and absorbs carbon dioxide from the air.
- Acid control, odor treatment, pipe cleaning, pH balancing)
- As an adhesive, in heat press printing, on newsprint)
- In the production of Sodium Aluminate, Sodium Cyanide, Silicate, Polycarbonate, Titan Oxide, Zeolite
- Removing residues in the final product, whitening
- STTP, Sodium Hypo Chloride, Soap, Oven and Pipe Cleaner)
- Sodium Phenolate [ in making aspirin and antiseptic])
- In edible oil refining, fruit and vegetable peeling, ice cream
- In oil cleaning, water treatment, equipment cleaning
- Starch, Caustic, Water, Silicate: Co-In Label Adhesive Manufacturing
- Starch, Caustic, Water, Borax: In Corrugated Board Glue Manufacturing
- Removing acid residues in refined products, removing phenols, balancing pH in drilling mud, removing calcium and bactericides in drilling
- Filter Cleaner (in filter pools) and cleaning the acid unit in mines,
- In addition, Caustic (Sodium Hydroxide) or Lime (Calcium Hydroxide) is used to adjust the pH value of the Sodium Cyanide used.