Dicyandiamde (DICY) is a strongly alkaline and water-soluble white crystalline compound with the scientific name of cyanoguanidine. The chemical is cyanamide or cyanoguanidine dimer, which is mainly used in the production of melamine.
Cyanamide, the amide of normal cyanic acid, is a white crystal that melts at 45 °C. It is easily soluble in water, alcohol and diethyl ether. It is commercially prepared from limestone-derived carbonate by the carbide process or by desulfurization of thiourea in the presence of a catalyst (mercuric oxide).
Cyanamide is prepared with ammonia and cyanogen halides. When cyanamide is heated at 150°C, it polymerizes to dicyandiamide and tricyantriamide to melamine.
- In the leather industry, the selective filler effect fills the hollow parts of the leather such as skirts.
- It is used in fertilizer making, fireproofing finishes, epoxy laminates, water treatment and rubber chemicals. Dicyandiamde
- DICY is also used as a curing agent for epoxy resins and laminates for circuit boards, powder coatings and adhesives.
- It is used as a curing material for epoxies in the adhesive industry.
- Dicyandiamide (an intermediate for the production of melamine and the main ingredient of amino plastics and resins. Slow and continuous nitrogen emission fertilizers, fireproofing agents, circuit boards, powder coatings and adhesives, water treatment chemicals, paint fixing, leather and rubber chemicals, explosives and pharmaceuticals It is used in the production of a wide range of organic chemicals, including epoxy laminates for
Dicyandiamide is commonly used for the curing of epoxy resins. It is a nitrification inhibitor that is said to be capable of reducing nitrate (NO3-) leaching and nitrous oxide (N2O) emissions from grazed pasture soils.
There are no reviews yet.