Definition and Usage Areas of Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde Molecular Formula: CH2O Melting –Boiling point: -15,-21 C (37% purity) Molar weight: 30.026 g/mol It is the simplest member of aldehydes. Its other name is Metanal. It is formed by bonding one hydrogen to each of the two empty bonds of the carbonyl group. It is a toxic chemical. Its boiling point is -15 °C and its melting point is -21 °C. Formaldehyde is usually transported or stored in the form of a 37% aqueous solution. This solution is called formalin. When water evaporates from formalin under reduced pressure and separates, paraformaldehyde is formed. It is a polymer, a white solid with the formula HO(CH2O)xH (x is about 30). When this polymer is heated, it turns into gaseous formaldehyde. Therefore, gas is a suitable source for obtaining formaldehyde. Polymer products can be obtained from pure formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Molecular Formula
Appearance : Colorless with odor
Kimyasal Adı: Fannoform, formalith, formic aldehyde, formol, fyde
Chemical Formula: CH2O
Packaging Type : Cans, İbcs, Tanker
- Formaldehyde is one of the most widely used and produced substances in the chemical industry.
- Resins used in the production of composite wood products
- Fertilizers and pesticides
- Preservatives used in some pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and other consumer products such as dishwashing liquids and fabric softeners
- ousehold products such as glues, fixed press fabrics, paints and coatings, paints and coatings and paper products
- Agriculture, medicine, cosmetics, cleaning, construction chemicals.
- There is the use of formaldehyde in the manufacture of cleaning materials.
- Formaldehyde is used as a disinfectant in livestock.
- Formaldehyde is used in the cosmetics industry.
- Formaldehyde is used as a disinfectant in mushroom cultivation.
- Formaldehyde is used in the construction industry (in the manufacture of glass wool, rock wool).
- Formaldehyde is used in the furniture industry (in the manufacture of chipboard, mdf, chipboard, mdflam, plywood).
- Formaldehyde is used as a disinfectant in fish farms.