Definition and Usage Areas of Mono ethanolamine
Mono ethanolamine uses includes antiredeposition agent, buffer, carbon dioxide removal, cement, cosmetics, cutting fluid, detergents, hair care, hair colorants, hair relaxers, hydrogen sulfide removal, metalworking fluids, natural gas treating, neutralizing agent, oil field production chemicals, pharmaceuticals, printing ink, refinery, rubber – vulcanization accelerator, shampoo, textile finishes, waterless hand cleaners, wood treating.
- Pharmaceutical: It is used in the pharmaceutical industry as a pH adjuster and buffering agent. Ethanolamine oleate, a prescription drug, is a sclerosing agent. It works by creating scar tissue inside a swollen or dilated (wider than normal) vein to prevent bleeding.
- Personal Care: Ethanolamine helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. They are also used to control the pH of cosmetics and personal care products.
- Coatings and Construction: It is an important ingredient for wood preservative formulations. It is used to impregnate wood. It is also used to product cement grinding aids and performance enhancers which help in improving the cement quality.
- Others: It helps to remove Hydrogen Sulfide & Carbon Dioxide in Natural Gas & Liquid Gas Streams. Ethanolamines combine the properties of amines and alcohols and exhibit the unique capability of undergoing reactions common to both groups.
- It is used in neutralization processes (as a neutralizing agent in detergents, general degreasers, car wash shampoos).
- Soap, detergent, oil and dirt solvent etc. It is used in the manufacture of cleaning products.
- It is used in the production of chemicals for the agricultural sector.
- It is used in the synthesis of intermediates in reactions and as a PH adjuster.
- It is used as a corrosion inhibitor.
- It is used in paint varnish wax and varnish wetting agents.
- It is used as an adhesive in drug product formulations.
- It is also used in industries such as plastic rubber and textiles.
- It is used in the ink and textile industries.
- In detergents, car wash shampoos, general degreasers,
- As neutralizing agent and corrosion inhibitor in wax removers;
- As an adhesive in agricultural chemicals, drug product formulations;
- Dispersing agents for gums, latex and photo enhancers,
- In rubber vulconization triggers, corrosion inhibitors,
- in pH controller, intermediate syntheses, varnish,
- It is used in paint, wax and varnish wetting agents.