Definition and Usage Areas of Polyaluminum chloride
Polyaluminum chloride, represented by the formula Al2O3, is a coagulant chemical widely used in industrial wastewater or drinking water treatment.
Polyaluminum chloride is available in powder form and liquid form. The liquid form is 10% and 17% solutions. Its solid form is known as yellow PAC and white PAC.
PAC is a highly preferable chemical substance due to its high absorption efficiency and easily soluble chemical structure in water.
It is used as a coagulant/flocculant in drinking water and wastewater treatment plants.
It is used for neutralization in water treatment.
It is used in industrial water treatment processes.
It is used in the paper industry.
It is also used in industrial water treatment, industrial wastewater, mine, oilfield injection water, wastewater treatment, water treatment, metallurgy, coal washing, leather and all kinds of chemical making.
It is used in industrial applications, paper sizing, dyeing, Cement acceleration agent printing, hardener precision casting, refractory adhesive, refining, sugar refining, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and other industries wastewater treatment plants and oil refining plants.
It is used in the separation of oil and water.
- Drinking water and sanitary sewage.
- Industrial water, industrial waste water, mine and water for oilfield injection, chemical waste water in industry of paper-making, metallurgy, washed coal and leather.
- Industry and makes waste water recyclable: paper-making glue, printing and dying, concrete hardener, precision casting hardener, glycerine refinement, crease-resistant for fabric, medicine, cosmetics and etc.
- Oil-water separation and has good effects in the oil refining industry.
- Using PAC as flocculant, the speed of flocs forming and settling is quick. Flocs formed is easy to filter
- Comparing to aluminium sulfate flocculant, the quality of water treated with PAC is better; the total cost reduced by 15%~30%, and the solubility is better.
- It can be applied to water with broad pH range. The floc function valid in water of pH 5 to pH 9
- Comparing to inorganic flocculants, PAC is suitable for water of broad temperature, and is functional in low temperature water. It reduces less basicity less, so less or no basifier needed.
- There is fewer salts in water treated with PAC, this is good for high purity water purifying and ion-exchange treatment
- The corrosivity of PAC is lower, easy to transfer, handle and operate.