Definition and Usage Areas of Potassium Chloride
Potassium Chloride is a chemical compound consisting of potassium chloride, a combination of the elements potassium and chlorine. In chemistry, its symbol is shown as KCl. The pure state of this element, which consists of white crystals, is odorless. KCl, a salt, has a high solubility in water. KCl is an essential element for the human body. Proper distribution of the pH of all body fluids and a healthy nervous system ensure muscle function. Low chloride levels cause alkalinization of body fluids and potassium deficiency in the urine.
KCl is taken from the outside in case of potassium deficiency that occurs when potassium is thrown out of the body or potassium is not taken under normal conditions. In this way, there are KCl drugs in ampoule form on the market. Some diseases that cause potassium loss are diarrhea, vomiting, gastrointestinal fistulas, primary and secondary hyperaldosteronism, chronic protein degradation. Its symptoms are severe muscle weakness, tachycardia, hyporeflexia, and rapid and rapid breathing.
- Drilling KCl is used as a stabilizer in water-based mud drilling-drilling. It can also be used in oil production.
- In electrolysis coating In acid baths, when high voltage is provided with KCl, more coating can be done in less time.
- KCl is used together with sulfonic acids in azo/textile dyes.
- Heat treatment For materials that cannot be surface treated by soldering/sandblasting, in heat treatment processes (especially aluminum sheets)
- Surface treatment, galvanization, casting, melting are used in metallurgy. In addition, aluminum wastes are melted using potassium chloride and sodium chloride (salt), so that unnecessary waste is removed in it. Aluminum waste becomes high quality as a result.
- In Water Softening, Potassium Chloride is used to remove calcium and magnesium ions that cause water hardness from water.
- It is also used in the fields of Food and Fertilizer.
There are no reviews yet.