Definition and Usage Areas of Sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is a chemical compound with the chemical formula NaHCO3. It is one of the sodium salts. It has anti acid properties. It is also used as baking powder. It is soluble in water. It is a white solid crystalline powder. It has a slightly alkaline taste reminiscent of sodium carbonate. The baking powder used to rise the dough is usually a combination of Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3), dry acid (H+) and cornstarch. Sodium bicarbonate is colloquially known as carbonate. In the article below, the word carbonate will be used instead of sodium bicarbonate. Under the influence of temperature (50 °C and above), water (H2O) and acid, the carbonate in baking soda splits into several components. During this process, carbon dioxide (CO2) gas is released, gas bubbles are formed and thus the dough expands.
The chemical reaction is: NaHCO3 + H+ ———> Na+ + CO2 + H2
Baking soda doesn’t just fluff the dough; burnt pan, burnt baking tray etc. for easy cleaning: For example, fill the pot with a finger’s thickness of water; A packet of baking soda (or baking soda) is added and boiled for 10 minutes. Burnt food residue will dissolve instantly. Stains on teapots, thermoses and flower vases are easily removed with a mixture of boiled water and baking soda.
Soda (Na2CO3) is formed by losing half of the carbonate CO2 in boiling water:
2NaHCO3 + heat ———> Na2CO3 + H2O + CO2
The resulting soda reacts with water to form sodium hydroxide (NaOH). Thus, the solution becomes more basic and its detergent properties increase.
Na2CO3 + H2O ———> NaHCO3 + NaOH
Haftada bir dişler kabartma tozuyla (veya karbonatla) fırçalanırsa, dişler beyazlaşır. Burada dikkat edilmesi gereken husus, fırçalama işleminden sonra yarım saat boyunca asitli yiyecekler ve içecekler kullanılmaması. Karbonat, suyun sertliğine sebebiyet veren kalsiyum (Ca2+) ve magnezyum (Mg2+) iyonlarıyla tepkimeye girerek çökelti oluşturur ve suyun yumuşamasını sağlar.
While legumes and hard vegetables are boiled, if carbonate is added to the boiling water, they will soften more quickly. The basic property of carbonate helps cellulose to swell. Baking soda eliminates unwanted odors thanks to its basic feature. For example, bad breath, waste water streams in sinks and toilets, smelly shoes, refrigerator. Because carbonate has the ability to bind odors to itself. Vegetables such as cabbage and cauliflower are rich in sulphur. This sulfur dissolves when such vegetables are boiled and causes an unpleasant odour. Adding a little baking soda to the boiling water while boiling such vegetables reduces the formation of unpleasant odors. In a basic environment, the oxygen in the air oxidizes these sulfur compounds. At the same time, carbonate reduces the gas-forming properties of such vegetables. It is used instead of deodorant and in foot bath for sweaty feet. This application should be done at least once a week. If a dressing with carbonated water is applied to that area after an insect bite, it immediately reduces itching and swelling. In general, a mixture made with a spoonful of baking soda in half a liter of water is good against itching. Carbonated water is also beneficial for sunburned areas, it has instant pain relief. Baking soda is also used for heartburn. Heartburn is caused by the stomach secreting too much stomach acid. Carbonated water is also beneficial for sunburned areas, it has instant pain relief. Baking soda is also used for heartburn. Heartburn is caused by the stomach secreting too much stomach acid. Carbonated water is also beneficial for sunburned areas, it has instant pain relief. Baking soda is also used for heartburn. Heartburn is caused by the stomach secreting too much stomach acid.
- Since sodium bicarbonate is commonly known as baking powder among the people, it is common to use it in this way. However, it is also a good solution for easy cleaning of burnt trays and pots.
- It is also used to clean residues in teapots, thermoses and vases. Its application is also extremely simple. Hot water is filled into the container to be applied and sodium bicarbonate is poured into it. Stains are easily cleaned with this mixture.
- When the soda form of sodium bicarbonate reacts with water, it gains basic properties and acts as a detergent.
- Sodium bicarbonate can also be used for better blanching of dried legumes. When some sodium bicarbonate is added to the boiling water, the legumes soften more quickly.
- It can also be a solution for those who have bad breath. This substance, which prevents unwanted odors, can also be used to prevent sink odors, remove shoe odors, and remove refrigerator odors.
- Sodium bicarbonate; Smells can be prevented by adding them to the boiling water to eliminate the odors that come out during the boiling of vegetables such as cabbage and cauliflower.
- After insect bites, when the insect bite is applied with sodium bicarbonate water, it prevents itching in the bitten area.
- If sodium bicarbonate water is used instead of deodorant for those with hand and foot sweating problems, the sweating problem in these areas will decrease and bad odors will be prevented.
- If sodium bicarbonate water is applied to the burned area immediately in sunburns, it relieves the pain in the burned area.
There are no reviews yet.