Usage areas of Sodium metasilicate
Sodium metasilicate is a salt of silicic acid and is classified as an inorganic salt product, and its molecular formula is Na2SiO3. It is a non-toxic, odorless and harmless white powder or crystalline particle. It is soluble in water, but insoluble in alcohol or acids. Its aqueous solution is alkaline and has hygroscopicity and solubility when in contact with air. It has purifying, emulsifying, dispersing, moisturizing, penetrating and PH buffering properties. Sodium metasilicate is a low molecular weight crystal resulting from the heat reaction between bubbling alkaline and caustic soda water. The products include anhydrous, pentahydrate and nonahydrate compounds.
Among inorganic electrolytes, sodium metasilicate has the highest active alkalinity and PH buffering index. Oils have strong moisturizing, emulsifying and saponifying effects. It is an excellent method of removing, dispersing and suspending impurities and can prevent re-collection of pollutants. It has strong cleaning, buffering and neutralizing abilities, can emulsify oils, and anti-flocculant for inorganic substances, protect metals from erosion, produce detergents and metal cleaning agents to replace sodium tripolyphosphate, thereby reducing the environmental pollution of sodium tripolyphosphate. .
Sodium metasilicate is widely used in laundry detergent, ceramics, coating, textile, printing, papermaking, concrete, cement, fireproof materials, oils, leather processing, and many other industrial fields. Industries that currently use it the most: ceramics, industrial cleaning, laundry detergent, concrete, printing, papermaking, cement, oil mining, etc.
- Raw materials for industrial products (silica sola, silica gel, sedimentary silicas, zeolites, aluminosilicates, magnesium silicas, synthetic clays, ceramics, and catalysts)
- Detergents (cloth washing powders, dishwashing detergents, industrial cleaning agents)
- Adhesives and binders (paper, cardboard, coal dust briquettes, roofing tiles, bricks and ceramics, unbreakable cement), plasters, mortars, casting molds, and internal welding rods
- Surface coating (Titanium dioxide production, paints for concrete, masonry, and glass surfaces, fireproof glass, spray coating for tunnel and mine construction)
- Pulp and paper manufacturing (inking and bleaching)
- Water treatment (anti-corrosion)
- Civil engineering (soil sealing, drilling, tunneling, mines, land scaling, mine construction stabilization, shoreline landscaping stabilization)
- Refined oil recovery (improving the oil stream)
- Textile treatments (bleach and dye stabilizer)
- Ceramic products.