Usage areas of Sodium sulphate
Sodium sulphate is a neutral salt, it can be obtained in the form of mineral deposits and chemical by-products, which are mostly present in lakes with brackish and salty water. There are no other heavy metals such as zinc, arsenic, lead and chromium, and toxic minerals in the content of natural sodium sulphate. does not happen. Sodium sulfate is preferred in many sectors as an additive in the production of suitable products, both in natural and synthetic form. It is found in sodium sulfate (Na2SO4) compounds that are available in nature.
Sodium sulphate is ready for use after processing and evaluation of dissolved liquids and other raw materials of mineral ores in the form of solid sodium sulphate, which is found in this way. Sodium sulfate, which is used as a main ingredient in industries, is preferred because it is a neutral salt. In general, the reason why sodium sulfate is usable in the industry is that it is used because it is not similar to other water-soluble substances.
Generally, sodium sulphate is supplied from completely natural sources as well as in the form of another by-product, synthetic sodium sulphate, as a result of being included in the materials. In sodium sulfate, which is mostly produced synthetically, its main production residues remain, albeit in very small amounts.
- The paper industry is a very important chemical substance used by cooking fiber, especially in the manufacture of cellulose and sodium sulfate, which are the most important materials of paper.
- Detergent industry, the first preferred area of use for sodium sulfate is the detergent industry. Because sodium sulfate is present as a filler in the formula of solid detergents and powder granules. Sodium sulfate, which is usually present in detergents, is around 16%, but in some cases this ratio can be around 40%.
- The glass industry, especially in the creation of glass material, the biggest role belongs to sodium sulfate.
- Textile dyeing mostly helps the sodium sulfate dye to pass into the fabric completely homogeneously in this area.
- It is the most important chemical used in the cooking of fiber in the manufacture of cellulose in the paper industry.
- It is used at a rate of 25% in the detergent industry. Since it does not contain any toxic substances and obtaining a natural pH value, it is of great importance in this sector. It is used as a filler in the detergent industry.
- It is used in the formation of frit in the glass industry. Sodium sulfate is consumed at the rate of 3% in glass production.
- In textile dyeing, it provides a homogeneous transfer of the dye to the textile surface.
- It is used in the chemical industry to obtain chemicals such as potassium sulfate, aluminum sulfate, sodium silicate, sodium sulfide.