Usage areas of Sodium Tripolyphosphate
Sodium Tripolyphosphate is the sodium salt of Sodium tripolyphosphate triphosphoric acid. Sodium tripolyphosphate is an inorganic salt. It is available in the form of white powder or granules. Water soluble Sodium Tripolyphosphate is a high pH product and the pH is about 10.5.
Sodium tripolyphosphate: It is used in toothpaste, soap and detergents to improve cleaning function. It is also a structuring filler in detergents and soap. Sodium tripolyphosphate has the feature of removing the hardness of water and binding the dirt to its structure by breaking it off from the laundry. Na5P3O10 is widely used in regular and compact laundry detergents such as powder, gel, liquid and tablets, automatic dishwashing detergents such as powder, gel, liquid and tablets, toilet cleaners and surface cleaners. It performs functions such as removing water hardness, buffering pH, preventing dirt emulsification and sedimentation, hydrolysis of oil and dissolving-dispersing dirt particles, which allow surfactants to work effectively.
It is carried out by a process carried out by treating phosphoric acid with sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide. It is generally produced by the spray oven method. Stable Na5P3O10 is produced by heating sodium dihydrogen phosphate and disodium hydrogen phosphate to 500 – 550 °C. It is based on the method of calcification of a mixture of disodium hydrogenphosphate and sodium dihydrogenphosphate prepared by using phosphoric acid and sodium carbonate in the synthesis of sodium tripolyphosphate at 400-450 °C.
Sodium tripolyphosphate, whose chemical formula is Na5P3O10, is the sodium salt of triphosphoric acid. Alkali phosphates exhibit detergency activity in combination with their ability to disperse, separate and buffer. Since the 1940s, this substance has a wide range of uses, especially in the detergent industry, due to its unique characteristics. The hexahydrate form is more stable than Na5P3O10 and it is widely used commercially in this form.
- Sodium tripolyphosphate is widely used in regular and compact laundry detergents such as powder, liquid, gel and tablets, automatic dishwashing detergents.
- It is used in toilet cleaners and surface cleaners.
- It is used in the processes of separating and reducing water hardness.
- It is used with its dirt emulsification and anti-sedimentation properties.
- It is used for pH buffering in the chemical industry.
- It is used as coagulation disrupting agent in oil well and as separating agent in cotton boiling.
- It is used in toothpaste, soap, detergents to improve cleaning abilities. It is also a structuring filler in soaps and detergents. STTP has the feature of softening the water and binding it to its own body by separating the dirt from the laundry.
- STTP is widely used in powder, liquid, gel, tablet laundry detergents, dishwasher detergents, toilet and surface cleaners. Its function here is the separation of water hardness, pH buffering, dirt emulsification and prevention of sedimentation, which allows surfactants to function effectively, hydrolysis of oil and dissolution of dirt particles.
- STTP is also used in industrial cleaners.
- STTP is also used in water softening and as a food preservative.
There are no reviews yet.