Usage areas of trichloroethylen
The chemical composition of trichloroethylen is a halocarbon, widely used as an industrial solvent. It is a clear non-flammable liquid with a sweet odour. It should not be confused with the analogous 1,1,1-trichloroethane, commonly known as chlorothene.
The IUPAC name is trichloroethylen. Industrial abbreviations include TCE, trichlor, Trike, Tricky, and tri. It has been sold under various trade names. Under the trade names Trimar and Trilene, trichloroethylene has been used as a volatile anesthetic and as an inhaler obstetric analgesic in millions of patients.
- As a cleaning agent, it shows rapid development in the cleaning of metal parts and electronic components market, used in colored parts, refrigerators, cars, air conditioners, precision machinery and so on.
- It is still used for the consumption of chemical intermediates.
- Domestic industrialized downstream products of trichloroethylene are tetrachloroethylene, hexachloroethane, dichloroacetyl chloride, octachlorodipropylether, HFC-134a, etc. Includes. It is mainly provided by the production of HFC-134a. Due to the rapid industrialization of domestic production of HFC-134a, the proportion of trichlorethylene in the consumption structure as chemical intermediates has increased significantly.
- As a solvent, weeding agent, its consumption is about 15% of the total consumption, mainly used for the production of caprolactam, pesticides and drugs. Trichloroethylene pesticides as a solvent include trichlorfon and dimethoate, a popular pesticide in China. The application of trichloroethylene as an extractant for the purification of pharmaceutical intermediate-methoxy-phthalic acid has also greatly increased in recent years.
- Trichloroethylene is an effective solvent for various organic substances.
- Other uses in the food industry include decaffeinating coffee and the preparation of flavor extracts from hops and spices. It is also used to allow the final water to dry for the production of 100% ethanol.
- TCE has also been used in industrial refrigeration applications as it has high heat transfer properties and low temperature properties.